Feeding Your Newborn Workshop
Mama, are you having a hard time breastfeeding your baby?
Have you tried everything to help your baby with feeding but they're just so unsettled or not gaining weight so you've made the switch to formula? Or you're still feeding but really doubting your milk supply?
Are you pumping to try and keep giving your baby breastmilk because they are now refusing the breast?
Is pain, cracked nipples, blocked ducts and mastitis making you doubt whether you can continue to breastfeed?
Or, is you baby colicky, unsettled, constipated or refluxy?
This workshop is for YOU, Mama.
We can see you are doing the very best you can and we're here to provide you with the latest evidence-based information you haven't heard anywhere else!
In this practical workshop that will see you learn:
Why it's not your fault!
That breastfeeding takes two to tango!
That baby's role is crucial, and if they're struggling with function then breastfeeding can be challenging.
And what you can do that'll make a true difference to how your baby is currently feeding, whether breast or bottle!
Monday 10th August 2020
9:30AM - 11:00AM
GET YOUR TICKETS!
Tickets are $18 or $30 if you bring a friend.
Find out how your baby is functioning, what could be going wrong and gain the support you need to really make a difference to your child’s feeding.
Join us for our workshop if:
- You are struggling physically, emotionally and/or mentally with breastfeeding your new baby
- You have made the switch to formula feeding because breastfeeding wasn’t working well
- You’re concerned about your baby’s latch and suck
- Your baby is having trouble with weight gain, hunger and your milk supply is in question
- Your baby is suffering reflux, wind pains, colic or constipation
- You have questions but haven’t found the right answers yet
During this event you will:
- Learn about the types of suck and how your baby’s suck and latch could be affecting your milk supply and breast (dis)comfort.
- Find out what has to be working well in the body for your baby to latch, suck and swallow effectively and efficiently.
- Learn some reasons why your baby may be suffering reflux, wind pain, colic or constipation.
- Find out what could’ve made early breastfeeding so difficult and might still be causing challenges for your formula fed baby.
Join your hosts Emma Maher (Lactation Consultant and Midwife) alongside Dr Jacey Pryjma (Chiropractor) in the beautiful lounge at ACCC. Between them, Emma and Dr Jacey have had over 15 years experience working with new babies to improve feeding outcomes.
The workshop runs for 1.5 hours. You are welcome to come with your baby and make yourself comfortable in our lounge area where the workshop will be facilitated. We have a change table and plenty of space to bounce and rock baby if needed.
We do kindly ask that children from crawling up have care arranged for them so that you can get the most out of this workshop.