Teens, Sports Recovery, Injury prevention & Nutrition
Date: New Date TBA!
What the workshop will cover
Your teen will learn about their growing body and how those changes can impact their sporting endeavours. All parts of the body grow at the different rates. For example - we know a child is about to have a growth spurt because their feet get bigger. But how does this impact movement patterns and co-ordination? What are the differences to look out for between boys and girls? How is the spine developing during the teenage years and how does that impact movement?
Injury Prevention & Resilience
This includes stretching , strengthening, technique and gear. In this workshop your teen will learn what being healthy and strong looks like and feels like. How the key to injury prevention is being in tune with the body and how it works as a whole.
We will cover; 1. What are the nutritional needs of a teenager - A teenager who is very active? vs a teenager engaging in higher level sporting activities? What is best for recovery?
There are a number of injuries we see in practice time and time again, what are they? What are the different options to utilise when they pop up and how can we prevent them.
About The Workshop
In this 1.5 hour hands on and interactive workshop your teen will;
- Walk away with a good understanding of how to support his/her body
- Practice movements and movement sequences that will help indicate stability and core strength and highlight areas that may need work
- Understand what his/her body is going through and what changes to expect in the coming years and how to work with those changes
- Learn different ways to fuel the body and provide adequate nutritional support
- Understand the common injuries that occur and how to avoid them
Grab your teen's ticket now!