Every parent wants to provide the safest and healthiest space for a child to grow-up in. Simple strategies around the home can support families to live a life free from over exposure to household chemicals.
Some scary research shows that chemical exposure during pregnancy or during a child's life can have detrimental effects on health, development and growth. Children are particularly vulnerable because their vital organs are still growing and they have a reduced ability to eliminate toxins from their developing bodies. So lets make your home a chemical free haven for your children.
In and around the home:
Cleaning: 5 non-toxic essential alternatives to conventional cleaning products
- White distilled vinegar, lemon juice, baking soda, washing soda and borax
- Use non-toxic drain cleaners and prevent moisture and mold
- Vaccum carpets regularly to prevent dust mite build up
- Sunlight is excellent for preventing dust mites - hang out bed linen in the sun
- Open windows to prove air quality
- Avoid pesticides and herbicides, use fertalisers wisely
- Avoid cookware made from Teflon.
Recent research has shown that prenatal exposure to PFCs compromises early childhood immunity.
- Safe cookware options include: Glass, porcelain/ceramic, stainless steel, cast iron.
Choose safe and eco-friendly toys:
- Go au-natural - solid wood toys with no or non-toxic finish look lovely and are better option
- Re-use stainless steel toys converted to a drum set
Doterra Essential Oils:
We recommend using Essential Oils at the moment we are loving Doterra to help create a chemical free home. Not only are they of the highest pure quality; they can be used for nearly everything in the home; Including cleaning, sanitising, purifying the air, killing bugs and germs & using them in diffuses may help children to sleep better and help with respiration issues due to colds and flu's.
You can purchase some oils in our centre. To find out more information, please see reception.