Between the ages of 2-3 years your toddler is rapidly changing and developing not just in motor & communication skills but developing a sense of who they are and what they love to do.
By this stage some of the things your child should be able to do includes:
- Drawing simple lines and patterns and attempting to draw a circle.
- The main point here is that your child is showing the ability to be able to hold and
grip the pencil or paintbrush.
- Your child might be watching their big sibling or friends and begin to try to hop on one leg gaining that coordination and body support on one side
- All kids love building blocks; by this age building a tall tower and balancing the blocks
- The joys of beginning toilet training is a hard and challenging time.
- Between the ages of 2-3, children should begin this stage.
We can help to always encourage our child in development, here are some simple ideas to help:
- Have a chat: Ask your child what they have been doing today and what makes them happy
- Packing up our toys isn't just great help to Mum but it also encourages them help
- Who doesn't love coloring and painting? This is a great fun activity which will help fine tune some of these motor development skills
- Continue to read books as much as possible it's not only great for their minds but for bonding to.
We are passionate about childhood development, and are here for you if you have any questions. Call us on 02 49156640 to speak to us today